Art is both love and friendship and
the desire to give.
It is not charity, which is the giving
It is more than kindness, which is
the giving of self.
It is both taking and giving of beauty, the turning
out to the light of the inner folds of the awareness
of the spirit.
It is the recreation on another plane of
the realities of the world;
The tragic and wonderful realities of earth
and all the interrelations
(words: Ansel Adams)
- There is a place, or so I’m told,
- With Landscapes lovelier than gold,
- And all who enter will never grow old–
- There’s only one door to this land so fair,
- Enter with a true heart, a dream and a prayer,
- And only love can bring you there —
- For love is the only key.
( Poem : by Christine B. 1966 )