“If gold has been prized because it is the most inert element,
changeless and incorruptible, water is prized for the
opposite reason — its fluidity, mobility, changeability that make it a necessity and a metaphor for life itself.
To value gold over water is to
value economy over ecology, that which
can be locked up over that which connects all things.”
~ ` ~ Rebecca Solnit
- There is a place, or so I’m told,
- With Landscapes lovelier than gold,
- And all who enter will never grow old–
- There’s only one door to this land so fair,
- Enter with a true heart, a dream and a prayer,
- And only love can bring you there —
- For love is the only key.
( Poem : by Christine B. 1966 )